Although the installation of CORCON is relatively simple, it is recommended that the whole installation process be supervised and certified by the on-site engineer or supervisor. In case of any doubt refer to the design engineer. A suggested method statement is as follows.
1. Each pair of Beams should be supported by one pair of frames 1200mm x 2400mm.
2. Place 150 x 100 scaffolding timber beams on the frames at 2400mm centres. I.e. the opposite direction to the beams span.
3. Nail fix CORCONâ beam mould support brackets to timber at 1200 centres.
4. Place CORCONâ moulds into support brackets. Butt moulds up to primary beams or wall with appropriate support or incorporate into other load bearing elements as detailed or as directed by engineer.
5. The two (or more) beam mould sections used to form the beam shall overlap a minimum of 400mm.
6. Place corrugated sheets into supporting edge of moulds ensuring all sheets
Overlap a minimum of 2 corrugations.
7. Place Y16 or post-tension duct reinforcement into bottom of beam moulds. Following placement of all beam reinforcement place F72 or F82 mesh throughout top of slab. Additional top reinforcement over primary beams shall be placed in accordance with plans and details.
8. Spray deck with form-release agent to facilitate stripping of CORCON
|MAKE-UP SOLUTION OF NON-INTEGRATE RIB CENTERS|
|SOLUTION FOR LAST PLACED CORRUGATED SHEET|
|SEQUENCE FOR PLACING MOULDS + SHEETS|
|END PLATE OPTIONS|
|SEQUENCE FOR PLACING CONCRETE|
Step1. Remove scaffolding pipes just in advance of CORCONâ to a level just below height to allow comfortable access (lower scaffolding frames by at least 400-600m2).
Step3. The top mould provides some more difficulties in that the edge is locked in by a concrete feather that needs to be cleaned away possibly with a chisel and hammer. The mould can then be tapped with a hammer to break the suction at the same time the wedge can be inserted and the mould levered down at the other end and stacked after oiling and cleaning.
Step4. Repeat for adjacent beams.
Step5. The corrugated sheeting could then become loose so watch out !! Take the end of the first placed sheet and peel off! Pass down, clean, oil and stack, ready for reuse. If slightly damaged, tap, and / or panel beat into shape.
CARE OF PRODUCT: